Prayer and Sacraments Final Project
Part II: Baptism / Reconciliation and Current Events
This LibGuide will help you find the current events articles to connect to your sacrament, as well as MLA guidance for formatting and for citing your sources.
As a reminder, the steps for Part II of your final project are:
Find a current event article that either deals with “new life” or “healing and forgiveness.” It should be about something that has happened since August, 2015.
- Summarize the article in your own words. If you need to quote directly, use quotation marks and citation (Author last name).
- Explain how it relates to either the Sacrament of Baptism or the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Write a prayer to God that relates to the article. This part should be at least 3 sentences long.
- The final project must be turned in the day it’s due even if you are absent.
- Both parts 1 and 2 should be typed.
- Both parts 1 and 2 should submitted to turnitin.com. Please submit it with just your initials, not your full name.
- Part 2 should be done following MLA format.
- The project will be worth 20% of your overall grade. Spelling, grammar, format, etc. will count as part of your grade.
- If you need any help, please talk to Ms. Schewe (or ask Mrs. Blair if it is something she can help with).